A building company based in the Midlands approached us as their current IT support provider had left them in a mess with the inability to communicate effectively between their support staff based at three different locations and the team in the field. They were unable to email every member of the company and effectively share information and none of their VOIP based telephones worked at the Nottinghamshire head office. This of course massively damaged productivity and therefore profits.
The goals for ICU were:
- Reduce downtime from their current, aging infrastructure
- Replace the non-functional VOIP telephone system with a fit for purpose solution
- VPN link all three offices to enable effective data sharing and communications
- Enable hand held devices for field based staff
- Train staff how to use the new infrastructure
- Put an effective planned maintenance schedule into place
- Replace on the IT kit that was deemed end of life
- Project manage and deliver the entire program of works
- To work with their third party communications supplier to address the terrible service they had suffered for over three years
ICU used business class VPN / Firewall appliances to site link the three locations meaning that the offices were now all connected to each other. The existing Microsoft Small Business Server was to be retained, so it was re-configured so all staff had an Exchange account which was deployed to hand held devices.
ICU remedied the issues with the communications lines by dealing directly with the 3rd party and even secured a refund for the client due to the poor service of almost a thousand pounds.
Uptime for the system is a great deal better and the users now have a point of contact for any and all IT issues. The users can now collaborate and share information and the flow of communication is vastly improved for the business.
Over to you
Have you been left in a similar situation with your current IT support company? We can help – call us now on 01332 513333.